The Mission and Goals of the RC Foundation - Leaving Your Legacy:
Since 1928, Ripon Christian Schools have served parents and children of the extended Ripon community in providing a quality, Christ-centered education. With over 600 students in school and hundreds of graduates, Ripon Christian continues to equip young people to assume leadership in their communities, churches, and homes. The Foundation was formed in the 1970's to provide financial security in order to continue the heritage of Christian education. The RC Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
What is the Purpose of the Foundation?
The purpose of the Foundation is to provide a strong financial support for the school today and in the future. The Foundation accepts and manages gifts of property, securities, life insurance, bequests, memorials, cash and other forms of contributions for the benefit of Ripon Christian Schools.
Gifts to the Foundation are held in trust in separate accounts with only a portion of the earned income from the principal investment used to aid the school. The undistributed earnings are reinvested into the fund, allowing it to grow. In other words, it’s a gift that keeps on giving every year. The Endowment Fund takes a long-term view of the financial needs and security of Ripon Christian.
Why should I give to the Foundation?
The primary reason is to give thanks to our Lord by returning a portion of that with which He has blessed us. This is our responsibility as Christian stewards.
By giving to the Foundation, you are building a strong Christian base for the future leaders of our churches, community, nation and world.
Our state and federal tax laws encourage charitable giving while providing considerable financial advantages to you with lifetime gifts, and also to your estate should your documents include a gift to charity.
Gifts are appropriate ways for a Christian life to continue its influence.
How do I give to the Foundation?
The Foundation will receive gifts (in most cases tax deductible) in various forms, such as:
- Memorials: you can make a gift to the Foundation in memory of a loved one which will be perpetually utilized for the promotion of Christian Education at Ripon Christian Schools.
- Cash: giving a cash gift, you can assure the Foundation of immediate investment income, a portion of which will be used to provide ongoing income to Ripon Christian School.
- Life Estate Contract: donating real estate (home or family farm), you retain full use of the property until death.
- Stocks: gifts of appreciated stock can be made and the value of the stock at the time of gift will be your charitable deduction.
- Bequest: when preparing or revising your will or Living Trust, you can make provisions for the Foundation in several ways with complete confidentiality.
- Life Insurance: by naming the Ripon Christian Foundation as a beneficiary, you can practice Christian stewardship with a substantial gift at death by means of small contributions during your lifetime.
- Real Estate Gifts: you can give real estate to the Ripon Christian Foundation no matter the type of property (rental, home, farmland, etc) and receive a full charitable deduction for the property appraised value.
- Life Income Agreements: you can enter into a gift arrangement where you receive a life income and a current income tax deduction for a portion of the gift.
- Child Named Charity: you can give an equal share to "charity" in your will or living trust to that received by each of your children.
- Taxable Estate Given to Charity: all amounts which exceed the Estate Tax Exclusion amount go to charity rather than being taxed at a 41%-60% rate.
If you have any questions, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (209) 599-2155. If you have an interest in making an immediate or future gift to the Foundation, you may also contact a member of the Foundation board. Current members include: Jeff Groen, Becky Donoho, Ian Koetsier, Joe Mendes, Eric Segaar (Superintendent), Natasha Vandenberg (Liaison to the RC Board), Jeff Van Groningen (President), Ron Vander Molen Sr., John Van Till, and Lynette Vos (Vice President).
Ripon Christian is a member of the Barnabas Foundation, a national Christian organization dedicated to assisting you in developing wise estate plans. Because of our membership, this service is provided to you at no cost. Travis Morrow, J.D. (CA Offices), from the Barnabas Foundation, provides confidential, objective advice that will assist you in your planning. He can be reached by email at tmorrow@BarnabasFoundation.com or by calling 708.532.3444, Ext. 205. For more information, log on to www.barnabasfoundation.com or call 1-888-448-3040.
For Important Information for IRA Gifts in December click HERE